Dake a JSJ business home Dake web site

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ron Covell Using a Dake Power Hammer







I used the Dake machine for the first serious job yesterday, and it performed like a champ! We are making the sides for the turtledeck on a 1927 Ford roadster body from aluminum. My pal Don Houseman, who has owned a Pullmax for many years, helped me make the dies, and we made a support table for the machine to hold large pieces level. We used the machine's center pivot for the bead, which enabled us to make a true-radius arc.

I must say, I am very impressed with the Dake machine - not only for how well it operates, but also for how well engineered it is. I appreciate the fact that all the bolts are the same size, and easy to reach, and the sheetmetal covers for the mechanism are tidy and effective. The allover fit and finish is superb, and I look forward to using it for many more details on this project!


Ron



For more information on Ron's metal forming atistry go to http://www.covell.biz/


No comments:

Post a Comment