Dake a JSJ business home Dake web site

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

You Get What You Pay For

Here is a recent message we received:

What we are in need of is a 3 ton arbor press, bench top. We build grounding straps and use this press to flatten copper tubing to solder on to braided ends. We had a three ton press but it cracked and then broke the whole top portion of the press off. I think this was made from pot- metal. So if you can please let me know on the price and avail. on a three ton arbor press. Thank you for you time, and I look forward to hearing from you. Tedd Larsen General Manager, AGS.

This reminds me of the time a buyer told me that he could buy import arbor presses for less than the value of the metal as scrap. The integrity of the metallurgy and machining processes do have value for repeated use and industrial arbor press applications. With a Dake arbor press you get what you pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment